Saturday 18 August 2012

Poem - 'Together'

Writing poetry is something I took up about two years ago. I never force an idea. If it doesn't come easily, then I don't write it.

Three nights ago, before going to sleep, I said to myself I wanted to write a poem to help people who have lost a loved one.

I woke up with the following poem ready to be written.

(I suppose that's where the term 'sleep on it' comes from).


Together

by Gavin Whyte

 I never thought I would say this,
So it is my hope that you believe;

But death is not the end,
It's just the way it's perceived.


We always dreaded that moment,
And I know we said it wasn't fair,

We had so many plans,
And life didn't seem to care.


But now I understand, you see,
Every breath is planned by our host.

We were together, love,
And that's what mattered the most.


We will pick up where we left off;
Time will become a thing of the past.

Eternity as one,
Me, you, together at last.


No comments:

Post a Comment