Monday 20 June 2011

45 Life Lessons

My girlfriend was given a newsletter about our village. I wasn't expecting anything interesting in it, but I turned to page eight and I saw a a piece called Life Lessons which grabbed my attention.

It read the following:

A READER HAS SENT US THIS PIECE WHICH WAS SENT TO HER BY A FRIEND AND WHICH WAS WRITTEN BY REGINA BRETT, AGED 90, OF CLEVELAND, OHIO, USA.

"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most requested piece I've ever written. My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the piece once more:
  1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
  2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
  3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
  4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
  5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
  6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
  7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
  8. It's OK to get angry at God. He can take it.
  9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay packet.
  10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
I'll post the next set of 10 lessons tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment