Saturday 13 May 2017

It Felt Like the Right Time to Do It - So I Did It


You know those periods you go through when all of a sudden you’re super productive?

All of a sudden you feel an urge to get things done, to step up a gear and move forward towards a goal that’s dear to you.

Last weekend (I’m writing this on Saturday, so it’s exactly a week ago) I started to watch videos by fellow bloggers, with the intention of learning from them. If they were doing this full time, then so could I - but how?

The reason I’ve been writing on here every day was because I wanted to take this writing business seriously. I told myself it was now or never. I was so close to deleting this blog but something inside me told me to give it one last shot. That’s when I decided to write 300 words a day. 

It was a way for me to create a writing habit. 

And it worked. 

But I needed to find a way to reach a wider audience.

That’s when I began to look for ways to move forward.

Saturday night I began to read You’re a Writer (so start acting like one) by Jeff Goins.

I finished it on Sunday morning, in a cafe, with my small white dog on my lap. Come to think of it, I must’ve looked not too dissimilar to James Bond’s Dr No, but I wasn’t planning world domination - at least not in that sense.

I realized one thing: I had to have a basic foundation. Well, I had a basic foundation - it was this blog, so I needed to go to the next stage.

I needed a website.

Come Monday morning I had a meeting with a friend, and he informed me of several options for creating a site. 

I should say that I’m not tech-savvy in the slightest. When it comes to computers and the inner-workings of the internet, I’m pretty clueless. (My mum showed me how to work an iPad.)

When I got home from the meeting, I continued to do some research… and then I plunged straight in to creating a website.

I’m pleased to announce that my website, gavinwhyte.org is now up and running. I’ve been working on it since Monday, and I will continue to tweak it here and there, but, as it stands, I’m pretty happy with it.

When you sign up to my monthly newsletter (which can be done when you visit my site, or you can simply click HERE and it will take you directly to where you input your name and email address), you’ll get a free copy of Memento Mori: A Sneak Peek into a Seeker’s Diary. I hope to see your name on my subscriber’s list, so we can keep in touch.

I haven’t decided whether or not to continue posting on here; I'm edging more towards giving my new site my full attention. We'll see.

So it’s a new chapter for me.

And I always welcome new chapters. There’s nothing like change to move things forward.

I hope you will continue on this journey with me, for I see nothing but a promising horizon ahead.

Oh, and if you have any blogging tips I'm all ears!









1 comment: