Tuesday 11 April 2017

300 Words a Day - #10 - Sanity & Silence

I have plenty of friends, but I can only talk to a select few of them.

I mean those that I can share an actual dialogue with.

A dialogue that leaves both myself and the other feeling inspired - recharged.

My closest friends are those where we can pick up where we left off, regardless of how long it is since we last spoke. 

None of the neediness. 

I appreciate that. 

Space. What could be more important in any relationship? 

What could be more disruptive than clinginess?

Cling, and resentment and disrespect will surely follow.

I read somewhere that resentment is the number-one cause of divorce.

Can you be alone with yourself?

I was a postman with Royal Mail for ten years. I got to know a lot of the people I delivered to.

One time, a family was having an extension fitted; their garage turned into an office, that kind of thing. Every morning I would shout morning to the builders.

That’s right… shout.

Their paint-splattered radio was blaring out the latest pop hits.

“I don’t know how you can work with that on,” I said, “it would drive me insane.”

The builder looked at me with his dusty face.

“It keeps me sane,” he said.

A woman I delivered to told me how she had the TV on all day, but never watched it.

“Just for the noise,” she said.

Just to be distracted from the fact that one is alone with oneself.

I know many people like that.

Why is it so hard for us to be in silence? Not only that, but to be in silence and alone?

Every sound comes from a bed of silence. 

That bed is calling for each and every one of us to sleep in it every now and then.


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Are you on Twitter? Me too! Follow and get Followed
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

No comments:

Post a Comment