Wednesday 26 April 2017

300 Words a Day - #24: The Way of Visualization - Part 4

Continuing on from the previous three posts…


Throughout the period of wanting to be a recording artist, I was given clear signs that my visualization practice was working.

After finishing high school I went off to college for two years, where I did courses I didn’t enjoy, and can’t remember anything at all about them, however, I do remember, at this time, falling in love with a synthesizer called a Roland EG-101. I was drawn to this keyboard like a moth to a flame. 



The Roland EG-101 

On my computer at home and at college, I used a picture of this keyboard as my desktop wallpaper, so I would see this image several times a day, every day. I would gaze at it and imagine myself playing it. I would feel the cool keys beneath my fingers and imagine turning the dials.

At risk of repeating myself from previous posts, I hadn’t read anything on the law of attraction at this point.

I was like a kid who looks through a catalogue at Christmas, saying, “I want that, and that and that… and that.”

One day, when I was at college, I was fantasizing about having the Roland EG-101, when my brick of a mobile phone rang.

“What’s up, Dad?”

“You know that keyboard you want?”

“Yeah. I’m staring at it, right now.” (Because it was on my desktop.)

“So am I.”

“What?”

“I was just walking past the music shop, in town, and it’s in the window.”

“What? Are you serious?”

“They’ve just told me somebody returned it because it wasn’t the one they ordered. It’s on discount, too. Do you want me to get it, whilst it’s here? You can pay me back.”

And that’s how I obtained my first piece of kit for my music studio.

Cool, right?

This stuff really works.



>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Are you on TWITTER? Me too! Follow and get Followed
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<






No comments:

Post a Comment