Sunday 23 April 2017

300 Words a Day - #21: The Way of Visualisation - Part 1

In a previous post, I mentioned how I had used visualisation to help my dream come true.

(If you read that post then you will know I ended up not wanting the dream when I got it, but what I did worked, regardless.)

I thought I would use this post (and future ones, as I don’t fancy trying to squeeze it all into a mere 300 words) to explain exactly what I did, back when I was in my teens and early twenties.

I should start off by saying, that when I started visualising, I hadn’t read any books on the subject, nor did I know there was a name for what I was doing. I was fourteen; I was just conjuring up images of what I wanted.

To give you an idea of what I was playing with, I wanted nothing more than to become a recording artist.

That was my dream.

When I was ten, my great-uncle Bill asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up.

I can remember thinking for a second, and then said,

“I just want to do something I like.”

At the age of fourteen I found and began to develop my passion for music and music production.

A fantastic science teacher called Mr Clarkson told me, that if I could find enough people who wanted to go and see The Prodigy, he would book the tickets and take us. 

That same afternoon I ran back to his classroom with a list of names.

That concert, at Manchester G-MEX, in 1997, changed my life.

Now I had first-hand experience of what I wanted to be and do, which made imagining my dream as a reality all the more easier. 

I had something substantial to play with.

My quest had started.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Are you on TWITTER? Me too! Follow and get Followed
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Image info

No comments:

Post a Comment